This morning was yet another pancake morning in our house! But today I decided to experiment with coconut-flour, a banana, blueberries and some coconut milk instead. With a few extra leftover blueberries, a tablespoon of butter and a drizzle of raw honey, I made whipped blueberry honey butter to go on the side…it was delish!
I hope you enjoy!
Coconut Flour Banana Blueberry Pancakes
Paleo, sugar-free, grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free
This recipe takes about 15 minutes and makes 15-20 small (2-3 inch) pancakes!
What You Need:
Ingredients (listed below)
measuring cups & spoons
mixing spoon (for mixing blueberries and coconut milk into batter)
tablespoon (one you eat soup with) or ladle for pouring batter onto
1/2 C coconut flour (homemade or Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour)
1/2 tsp of sea salt (I use pink Himalayan)
1 tsp baking soda
2 medium to large sized organic ripe bananas mashed
4 organic range-free eggs
1/4 – 1/2 C coconut milk (or any desired milk)
1 C organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Organic coconut oil (I use Trader Joe’s or Nutiva) or melted grass-fed butter (that’s what I used this time)
1. Mix first three ingredients into your medium sized bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and add mashed banana.
3. Pour wet mixture into your large bowl and combine. Let the batter sit for a few minutes so that the coconut flour absorbs the liquid.
4. Add coconut milk (start with 1/4 C and then add a tablespoon at a time until the batter is thick but not overly thick). Let sit for a minute and then add more coconut milk if needed.
5. Gently stir in blueberries.
6. Heat greased griddle/pan over a medium-low flame (you’ll have to experiment to get the perfect heat since all stoves are different) and then once hot, pour tablespoons full of batter leaving about an inch of space in between.
7. The batter may not bubble so every 15 seconds or so, gently lift up the side of a pancake and once it looks browned, carefully and quickly slide your spatula under the pancake and flip, squishing your pancake flat to make sure the inside is cooked thoroughly.
8. Once browned on both sides, remove from griddle/pan and serve with butter, cream, fruit, honey, maple syrup or just as it is!
**Santa Monica Mama is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.